It beggars belief that “so many, are owed so much, by so few”. Well Churchill said it a little differently, however, this holds true today in Australia under the Gillard Government.
In the past 4 years we have seen:
- Australians, who were a cheerful bunch turning quite bitter as a result of this Government and past State Labor Governments.
- We see our kids under more pressure to perform than ever before at schools.
- We see Business closing down.
- We see unemployment rising, yet Government hides theses in their statistics.
- We find cost of living rising weekly
- We see less in our nett pay
- We see Politicians acting like cowboys
- We see politicians telling us they understand our hardships
- We see politicians pay rise by 40+%
- We see the Public Sector pay rise by 3.2%
- We hear of cut backs in the Public Servants
- We see increases in Senior staff of the Public Service.
- We see a Carbon Tax coming in that is only there to effect big business
- We see this applies if you combined wage is under $150,000
- We see above $150,000 combined wage, we don’t get compensation.
- We see many big businesses getting compensation although we don’t
- We see prices rising ahead of the Carbon Tax.
- We know Business will pass on the Carbon Tax costs to each of us in price increases
- We see this means the Government will get more in GST
- We see Labor politicians accused of indictable offences who have been protected by the Government and Parliamentary Privilege.
- We have see a leak from the Privileges Committee investigated by the same Privileges Committee?
- We have seen our Government lying with a freedom never experienced before in Australia,
- We have seen our Government implementing policies we did not and do not want, with no regard to our wishes.
- We have seen a Government put Legislation in place ensuring it will cost $billions to roll back it’s policies, we do not want. This should be a criminal act in my opinion.
- We have seen a wanton disregard for our Defence Forces.
- We have seen a Government that can only blame the opposition when things go wrong (yet the opposition do not have the numbers to hinder the Government)
- We have seen a Government with a PM that is besotted with the US President.
- We have seen a Government that is losing it’s base support.
- We are seeing a Government that is set to make history for the biggest defeat of any Federal Government in history.
- We are seeing more and more Governments around the world rejecting the Carbon Tax, for even if they believe in the concept of Global Warning, they cannot afford to impose this on their countries at this point in time.
- We are hearing of more and more claims of fraud in Climate Change reports and data and scientists from NASA have changed their views on Global Warming away from the Alarmists mantra.
There are so many more, but we have all seen that too, and yet Independents are so involved in their personal agendas that they have ensured we have to suffer at this Governments hands.
- Tony Windsor -has a hatred for the National Party since they failed to preselect him for the seat of Tamworth
- Rob Oakshott, - another with a hatred for the National Party where after getting him started in Politics, he decided his ideology was different to theirs. Would you believe he holds a law degree ?
- Andrew Wilkie – never a Coalition man, was a Greens man for years until the 2010 election when he sat as a Independent candidate. He will always vote with the Green Labor ,and
- The Greens MP Adam Bandt – believes Labor is not Left enough for his liking, so will never vote against the current Government except to support The Greens
- Peter Slipper – who is trying to dodge bullets at the moment over scandals of CabCharge abuse and sexual harassment
- Craig Thomson – is desperately trying stalling tactics to avoid Fraud charges for when he was with the HSU and used his credit card to pay for prostitutes, and Cash payments amounting to around $270,000. Was a Labor MP, convinced to resign, take his place as a Independent while still supporting the Government.
This is the sorry state of Australian Politics at this time.
I read a speech recently which I will paste a little of on here as I believe it is relevant today as it was when it was made. When you read it, you will know who gave the speech I am sure. It is a speech that maybe Tony Abbott needs to read and learn from it’s author.
Liberalism has its own history and its own tradition. Socialism has its own formulas and its own aims. Socialism seeks to pull down wealth; Liberalism seeks to raise up poverty. Socialism would destroy private interests; Liberalism would preserve private interests in the only way in which they can be safely and justly preserved, namely, by reconciling them with public right. Socialism would kill enterprise; Liberalism would rescue enterprise from the trammels of privilege and preference. Socialism assails the pre-eminence of the individual; Liberalism seeks, and shall seek more in the future, to build up a minimum standard for the mass. Socialism exalts the rule; Liberalism exalts the man. Socialism attacks capital; Liberalism attacks monopoly. These are the great distinctions which I draw, and which, I think, you will think I am right in drawing at this election between our philosophies and our ideals. Don’t think that Liberalism is a faith that is played out; that it is a philosophy to which there is no expanding future. As long as the world rolls round Liberalism will have its part to play – a grand, beneficent, and ameliorating part to play – in relation to men and States
Ah, gentlemen, I don’t want to embark on bitter or harsh controversy, but I think the exalted ideal of the Socialists – a universal brotherhood, owning all things in common – is not always supported by the evidence of their practice. They put before us a creed of universal self-sacrifice. They preach it in the language of spite and envy, of hatred, and all uncharitableness. They tell us that we should dwell together in unity and comradeship. They are themselves split into twenty obscure factions, who hate and abuse each other more than they hate and abuse us. They wish to reconstruct the world. They begin by leaving out human nature. Consider how barren a philosophy is the creed of absolute Collectivism. Equality of reward, irrespective of service rendered! It is expressed in other ways. You know the phrase – “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.” How nice that sounds. Let me put it another way – “You shall work according to your fancy; you shall be paid according to your appetite.”